80. He Frowned (Àbasa)
This chapter has 42 verses.
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
1. (The Prophet) frowned and turned away,
2. Because there came to him the blind man (interrupting).
3. But what could tell thee but that perchance he might grow in purity?-
4. Or that he might receive admonition, and the reminder might profit him?
5. As to one who regards Himself as self-sufficient,
6. To him dost thou attend;
7. Though it is no blame to thee if he grow not in purity.
8. But as to him who came to thee striving earnestly,
9. And with fear (in his heart),
10. Of him wast thou unmindful.
11. By no means (should it be so)! For it is indeed a Message of remembrance:
12. Therefore let whose will, keep it in remembrance.
13. (It is) in Books held (greatly) in honor,
14. Exalted (in dignity), kept pure and holy,
15. (Written) by the hands of scribes-
16. Honorable and Pious and Just.
17. Woe to man! What hath made him reject Allah.
18. From what stuff hath He created him?
19. From a sperm-drop: He hath created him, and then mouldeth him in due proportions;
20. Then doth He make His path smooth for him;
21. Then He causeth him to die, and putteth him in his grave;
22. Then, when it is His Will, He will raise him up (again).
23. By no means hath he fulfilled what Allah hath commanded him.
24. Then let man look at his food, (and how We provide it):
25. For that We pour forth water in abundance,
26. And We split the earth in fragments,
27. And produce therein grain,
28. And Grapes and fresh vegetation,
29. And Olives and Dates,
30. And enclosed Gardens, dense with lofty trees,
31. And fruits and fodder,-
32. A provision for you and your cattle.
33. At length, when there comes the Deafening Noise,-
34. That Day shall a man flee from his own brother,
35. And from his mother and his father,
36. And from his wife and his children.
37. Each one of them, that Day, will have enough concern (of his own) to make him indifferent to the others.
38. Some faces that Day will be beaming,
39. Laughing, rejoicing.
40. And other faces that Day will be dust-stained,
41. Darkness will cover them:
42. Such will be the Rejecters of Allah, the Doers of Iniquity.